Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Still trying to get my head around this...

I happened to come across this presentation/talk while I was chatting with my friends here in Canada.

The video embedded below is a demonstration of Sea Dragon technology from Microsoft, however, things get interesting from about 3:30 on the timeline. He talks about using images off flickr to create spatial representations of places.

The speaker also mentions how a "semantic richness" could be added to user experience by the use of Sea Dragon. I'm not quite sure what the implications of this are. Are we looking at Web 3.0 here?

As I discussed it with my friends, one mentioned that he likes the idea of being able to explore any place on earth through pictures and representations created by the software. However, he also mentioned how one might be able to follow any single life of a person who's had pictures posted somewhere on the web.
That is the scary part.

Like I said, I'm trying to get my head around this but wanted to share it to see what other people thought. I'm not sure whether this merits a discussion post or not... maybe comments on this post will help me make up my mind on that.

0 comments: